“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:31 Someone once dumped over 50 old truck tires down in our lower field near the lovely stream that runs through our woods. I must confess that it made me really angry when I first found out about it. But God turned it into the most amazing blessing. When our grandchildren discovered the tires they turned them into boats and had the most wonderful time playing on them. Sometimes we just need to look at things through the eyes of a child. The creative imagination of children enables them to enjoy the simple things of life. Watching them melted my anger and filled me with laughter. I am reminded how God can take an old worn out and seemingly useless life and renew it making something beautiful and useful that fulfills his purpose and glorifies him. What about you, dear reader. Has God turned one of your problems into an unexpected blessing?
Another unexpected blessing I received some time ago was to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog award. Unexpected blessings are a gift from God and since I have unexpectedly discovered so many blogs that have blessed my heart, I wanted to give my readers an opportunity to also have their hearts blessed by some of them.
First of all I want to give a big thank you to and recommend that you visit the blog ilovesunsetsbythesea.wordpress.com, which nominated me for this award. Her post One Sunny Day has breathtaking pictures and Lessons From a Little Girl Named Jaja will inspire you to talk with and pray for those you meet when you travel.
Here are the guidelines for accepting this award:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. 2. Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere. 3. Tell them 7 facts about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award. 5. Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
So, in accordance with the rules of the award, here are 7 facts about myself (this is the hardest part!):
1. I worked as a librarian in our small town library in the summer and on Saturdays when I was growing up. I was happy to be making a $1.00 and hour.
2. Reading beautiful and inspiring books has always been a favorite way I like to spend my time.
3. One of my favorite books growing up was “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
4. I love to read and look at the pictures in gardening books. One of my favorites is “Tasha Tudor’s Garden” with text by Tovah Martin. Another favorite garden book of mine is “Monet’s Passion” by Elizabeth Murray. Looking at pictures of beautiful gardens is a delight to the soul!
5. I love to bake homemade bread – it makes the house smell so good. I never can resist cutting a slice and eating it while it is still warm with butter melting on it.
6. I was afraid to get a microwave for years after they came out for fear it would cause my family health problems. My children still laugh and tease me about this.
7. I love to paint landscapes of God’s beautiful creation and can totally forget the time when I’m painting.
Now I would like to nominate some of the blogs that have blessed my heart over and over again with their inspiring posts. It is very possible that many of them have already received this award but even if that is the case, I just wanted to give my readers an opportunity to discover their posts because I am sure that their hearts will also be blessed by what they read.
I would like to thank each one of you and my prayer is that you will continue to bless others with each of your posts.